Thursday 1 November 2018

Activated carbon in gold recovery

Even to produce few grams of gold, thousands of tons of ore must be mined, crushed, roasted, ground, treated, pulped and leached. Activated carbon plays a key role in capturing the gold from its ore. In any gold mine, any gold that is not adsorbed by activated carbon will be lost. To achieve the highest possible gold yield, selection of an appropriate activated carbon product is crucial. With the focus on quality, minimal fines formation, reliability and services we can make a difference when it comes to maximizing gold recovery in mines and in your gold circuits.

A major use of activated carbon in mining is in gold recovery, where granular activated carbon (GAC) is used for adsorption of the gold-cyanide complex in carbon-in-pulp (CIP) and carbon-in-leach (CIL) systems, or in carbon-in-column (CIC) systems after a heap leach operation carbon. We offer a wide and dedicated product range including extruded and high-quality broken grades for gold recovery applications. These activated carbons combine superior hardness with adsorption/desorption kinetics and capacity, resulting in fewer fines and associated gold losses.

Carbon in Pulp (CIP) Vs Carbon in Leach (CIL) Vs Carbon in Column (CIC)Carbon in Pulp (CIP):


It is the sequential leach then absorption of gold from ore. During CIP stage, pulp flows through several agitated tanks where sodium cyanide and oxygen have been added to dissolve gold into solution, In the absorption stage, this solution flows through several agitated tanks containing activated carbon. Gold absorbs onto the activated carbon which flows into the pulp, while screens separate the barren pulp from the gold-loaded carbon.

Carbon in Leach (CIL):

It is the simultaneous leach and absorption process. The simultaneous leach and absorption phases of the CIL process were developed for processing gold ores that contain preg-robbing materials such as natural absorptive carbon. These reduce the gold yield by attracting gold meant activated carbon. Simultaneous leaching and absorption help minimize the problem.

Carbon in column or Circuits (CIC):

Carbon in column or Circuits are typically used to recover precious metals from solutions as opposed to slurries.The design of CIP/CIL/CIC is closely related the design of agitated leach circuits. The primary consideration is that the use of GAC to remove gold from leach circuit. This means carbon attrition is a major concern in the selection of equipment, activated carbon and of handling the carbon used in the circuit.

Carbon losses due to attrition or deterioration of GAC are important not only because of cost of GAC itself but also because of fine carbon results from attrition continues to adsorb precious metals and then cannot be contained in the recovery circuit. The associated loss of fine carbon with precious metals loaded results in reduced recovery of precious metals which affects the profitability of the operation.

Kalpaka has been supplying top quality activated carbon for may years to various gold mines across the globe. Our long-time presence in this market has assisted us to develop an impressive and diversified activated carbon products for the gold mining industries.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing such useful information. I really enjoyed while reading your article and it is good to know the latest updates. Do post more. And also read about

    Activated Carbon Suppliers
    Acrylic Acid Suppliers
    Effluent Treatment Chemicals Suppliers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to share with you all here on how I get my loan from Mr Benjamin who help me with loan of 400,000.00 Euro to improve my business, It was easy and swift when i apply for the loan when things was getting rough with my business Mr Benjamin grant me loan without delay. here is Mr Benjamin email/whatsapp contact: +1 989-394-3740, lfdsloans@outlook.com / lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com. 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy today because God has done it for me after going through hard times with other loan lenders and nothing works out, I was about loosing my faith and hope but I still have to stand strong and pursue what am looking for. I am happy today because God has directed me to the best Loan Company and I didn't regret anything after contacting them and my heart desire was granted and I was given the said amount I requested for (300,000.00 USD), the money was paid into my account after two weeks of talking with the company and they didn't stress me or give me any headache in getting this loan from them, others of my family members and friends I directed to them all got their loan too, I would love you to contact lfdsloans@outlook.com / whatsapp +1-989-394-3740.  .     and get your loan quickly and this is safe and fast, you that have loose hope, faith and everything you have all just in the name of getting a loan and nothing work out, bet me if you try this man called Benjamin , you will never regret anything and your loan request will be approve and it will be paid directly into your bank account, so hurry now and contact quick response on WhatsApp +1-989-394-3740. ask for any type of Loan, and it will be granted to you. I wish you the best  

    ReplyDelete
  4. “Benjamin was absolutely great to work with. He was extremely clear, thorough and patient as he guided my wife and I through the loan process. He was also very timely and worked hard to make sure everything was ready to go before closing the loan.
    Mr Benjamin is a loan officer working with group of investor's who help us get funds to buy our new home, You can contact him if you want to get a loan at an affordable low rate. lfdsloans@outlook.com Whatsapp Chat: + 1-989-394-3740

    ReplyDelete